Pella has 85 years under its belt with a lot of quality to back that history up. The level of detail invested into their window products and options they offer consumers has made them an industry leader. Pella's windows are known for their craftsmanship, top-of-the-line hardware, smart technology, and extensive personalization options.
In this article:
- Pella's Architect Series.
- Pella's 250 Series.
What makes Pella's windows so unique is not just the sheer quality of design, materials, and easy-to-use operations but the range of personalizations in which a homeowner could take advantage to make their windows original and beautifully matched with their home. Pella has all the window styles, materials, customizations, shapes and sizes that you could ask for.
Pella has seven product lines with different window materials assigned exclusively to specific series. We will learn about two today in detail: the Architect (wood) Series and the 250 (vinyl) Series.
Pella's Architect Series
This series is reserved for single-hung, double-hung, casement, and awning windows. The window material used for this product line is wood, which is the highest rated material for home insulation and authentic beauty. The Architect Series is characterized with a level of detail oriented design that is rare in the industry. The craftsmanship is evident in the finishes that are applied to the window and hardware by hand. The wood interiors include red oak, white oak, pine, cherry, maple, douglas fir, mahogany, and alder. The wood is applied with Pella's very own EnduraGuard that protects it against moisture, mold, and termites.
Other features of the Architect Series include:
- Custom shapes and sizes: Whether you want an oversized fixed window to capture the nature outside of your bedroom or a series of small awning windows for simple insulation and air ventilation, any specific shape you need can be made by Pella's craftsmen.
- Original grille patterns: The standard grille patterns from Pella alone are satisfying on the eyes, but you can choose other variations specific to what you want that give your windows a unique personality on the inside and outside of your home.
- Custom glass: Glass transparency, energy-efficiency, unique colors, and textures are all at your disposal get a product that's just right for you and your home.
- Glass reinforced protection: Pella's HurricaneShield glass resists hurricane impacts, abates outside noise, and protects against intruders.
Pella's Vinyl 250 Series
The 250 Series is a vinyl product exclusive to single-hung, double-hung, and sliding windows. Double-glazed or triple-glazed windows are available for this product line if what you need is high-performance home insulation and supreme energy-efficiency. Characterized by a more stylish design than other vinyl windows, thanks to the attention to detail given by Pella's artisans, the 250 Series offers all the benefits you would expect from a vinyl window.
Insulation and energy performance: The energy-saving properties of the 250 Series are owed to the standard InsulShield low-emissivity glass, the optional triple-glazing, and the optional foam insulation.
- The InsulShield low-E glass protects against 84% of the sun's UV rays.
- The optional triple-glazed glass improves resistance to UV rays up to 86% and makes the window 54-74% more energy-efficient.
- The optional foam applied to the frame absorbs excessive heat and cold coming from the outside and improves your window's energy-saving performance.
Stylish and tasteful: The stylish look of the 250 Series windows is a product of the care and attention given during the design stages of these windows. The double-hung or single-hung windows, for instance, don't show the interior sash corners, giving them a neater overall appearance than most vinyl windows on the market.
- The exactness of welding the window parts together along with multichambered vinyl frames makes the 250 Series vinyl windows stand out above the rest.
- Pella's optional simulated-divided-light grille patterns give the glass panes of these windows the appearance of being separated.
- Additional grille styles include grilles-between-the-glass which sits in between the glass panels to make cleaning effortless.
Comfort and security: Other than better insulation for your home, the optional triple-glazed glass also provides superior noise reduction. The features of Pella's 250 Series give you the security and comfort that you need for your home.
- Resists severe weather.
- The sashes and frames are 52% stronger than other vinyl window products on the market.
- The optional triple-glazed glass soundproofs your home.
- Safety latches are in place to limit the opening of the window for child protection.
- AutoLock feature automatically locks the window when the closed shut.